Local Movers Dallas Tips
We understand moving is stressful. We have learned the more prepared you are, the smoother the move.
We have put together some Movers Dallas Texas suggestions to help your moving day be one with minimal stress.
- Get organized: Create a “moving notebook” to keep all your notes in and task that need to be completed.
- Discard, Donate & Store: Start sorting and decided what you are going to move, store, discard or donate.
- Research Storage Companies: Secure a place for your valuables that you decided not to take with you to your new home. We highly suggest you visit the storage facility to actually see the facility.
- Secure your move with Finesse Movers: All moves are customized and you want to ensure you have booked your moved in advance.
- Get Supplies: Wardrobes, Boxes, Tape, Packing Paper, Bubble Wrap, Markers. This will ensure your valuables are secure and easily locatable during and after the move.
- Notify Schools: If you have children in school, and are changing school districts, this will allow the school time to prepare your child for a transfer.
- Medical Records: Contact all service providers, (Doctors, Dentist, and Eye Doctor) to gain copies of your records.
- Start Packing: We all have items we don’t use very often. Go ahead and pack those items. Be sure and label those boxes (Storage or Move). In addition, you will want to indicate on the box what room those items belong in, and if you’re really detailed, list items within the box. We have found some customers, find it beneficial to create a label on a Word Document, print and tape on the box.
- Notify Utilities: This is the time you contact your utility providers, (Water, Electric, Cable,Satellite, Wi-Fi, and Gas) to inform them you are moving. This is also a good time to shop utilities! We have a partner that we refer (Utility Connect) that can handle all your needs. It’s One Call to be placed in the hands of experts that can secure your needs with rates that you nor I can find. If you decide to call Utility Connect, please inform them that you were referred by Finesse Movers.
- Strategize Food: Use up all food items you don’t want to move. Plan ahead to have nothing leftin our freezer by your move date. Make a plan to consume anything that’s already open.
- Address Change: Complete a change of address form on the USPS website. Notify your banks and credit card companies of your new address.
- Insurance: Contact your agent to transfer your home insurance or renters insurance.
- Packing Time: Now is the time to start boxing up most everything left in your home. Again, make sure you label your boxes.
- Secure your valuables: If you have jewelry, heirlooms or other valuable items, put them in a safe place during the move. You don’t want valuable items mixed up with your other packed items.
- Pack a Moving Kit: Prepare a suitcase with items you will need right away at your new place.These are items you use on a daily basis, (toiletries and clothing). Be sure you bring items you would have if you were checking in to a hotel for a weekend. This will give you time to unpack, as you will have all everything you need in your suitcase. Do not include your suitcase in the move, please this in your vehicle with you.
- Documents: Keep all important documents related to the move handy and in a bright colored folder labeled move.
- Kitchen Duty: Defrost and clean your fridge and freezer. In addition, check your cabinets and pantry for any open food items.
- Make sure all boxes are packed and ready to go.
- Meet & Orientate your Movers: This is a time to walk the property and inform your movers of any fragile or large items right away. Inform the crew of your most important pieces.
- Prior to the beginning the move, sign all documents, contracts and review your original quote to ensure there are no surprises to you or your movers.
- Before your movers pull away, please do a “walk-through” with your movers to ensure nothing was left behind.
- Upon arrival of your new home, conduct a walk-through with your movers. This will give the moving team an idea on supplies needed to “prep” your new home prior to unloading your valuables.
- Upon completion of your move, finalize payment and give kudo’s to your moving team! Tips are appreciated by the team!
- Lastly, be sure and tell everyone within your sphere of influence what a wonderful experience you had with Finesse Movers. We truly appreciate referrals and will gladly give a $50 gift card for all referrals.
We strive to be one of the Best Moving Companies Dallas by providing incredible service. If you have any Local Movers Dallas tips you would like us to add, please let us know!